Sunday, October 12, 2014

Rock

A few days ago I told you how difficult it was playing the tortoise instead of the hare on the final sprint to Quiver’s (my 17th novel’s) finish.

Well, extreme measures have had to be taken to retain my turtlehood…

Like plunking a big, old, fat rock on my shell.

Yessiree, bob.

Yesterday, after 150 words of detailing work on the novel, all Quiver business was shut down for the rest of the day. I knew if I wrote one more word I wouldn’t stop until I was being given oxygen on the other side of that finish line.

It was clear that pinning myself down to a designated spot for the remainder of the afternoon was obviously necessary. So, I focused all my OCD tendencies on…

Making spiders.

Spider legs, to be exact. 

(Made the bodies the other day.)

I’m talking paper Halloween spiders here, folks. I haven’t gone Dr. Frankenstein on you quite yet, so please relax.

I’m throwing my 4 year old nephew a Halloween party next Saturday and the theme this year is, you guessed it, spiders.

Happy spiders.

Friendly spiders.

Gaily attired arachnids suitable for G-rated audiences…

That, ladies and gentlemen, was the big, old, fat rock on my shell.

Now, just try to tell me my life isn’t ridiculous.

Go ahead. I dare you.

*shakes head and laughs*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment