Thursday, October 30, 2014

Issues of Gill

Feeling a bit gangly this morning.

Awkward.

Uncomfortable in my odd-shaped gills.

Being the new fish in the mainstream romance market is frankly a little daunting.

I’m feeling tiny.

Laughable.

I’m the little, wiggly thing that the big fish point at and ask “What the crap is that?”

While this is most likely only a momentary “Oh, f**k. What am I doing?” moment, it is one I thought it only honest to address. (That pesky “full disclosure” thing I promised way back at the beginning of this daily blog adventure in January keeps coming back to bite me in the butt, it seems.)

Changing genres, changing home waters, is a big, scary move. Even for us somewhat well-established and (dare I say?) respected authors in small, highly-colorful, and wonderfully exotic ponds, the transition to an entirely different ecosystem is difficult, to say the very, very least.

Is it worth it?

I don’t know yet. Ask me after I sell my first mainstream novel.

Is it necessary?

Yes. If financial considerations are a consideration at all, then the answer is “Yep. Absolutely.”

Unfortunately, all the “Yep”s and “Absolutely”s don’t make my gills feel any less inadequate today.

Geez. Full disclosure is not easy on the fins.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment