Friday, October 17, 2014

Choosing the Sun

For the very first time in the whole of 2014, I am free!

I have completed my contract with Ravenous Romance, have no other deadlines awaiting me and am essentially a free agent author with a fantastic literary agent as my wingman.

Wow!!

Of course, cast in a slightly darker light, I am now unemployed with no assurance whatsoever that I will ever be published again.

Bummer.

Big, stinky bummer with toe fungus, actually.

But, I am choosing to dance in the bright, bright sunshine of “Wow!” instead of cowering in the shadows with “Bummer.”

A foolish strategy, some will say.

A brilliant stratagem, my four-legged muse and I maintain.

And with this newly found freedom, my dog and I have set our sights on the mainstream, where the only real (i.e. the “Look! I can afford toe polish without skipping two meals!”) money is.

It’s a shame that a writer can’t survive in the smaller streams of genre fiction. I’ve put 5 years and 17 novels into the m/m romance genre and now I’ve got to walk away from it all just so my career can keep growing.

Now that, ladies and gents, is the true “Bummer” of this picture.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment