Monday, October 27, 2014

Pick. Grab. Surprise!

I’m learning the most interesting things.

As I continue on with my “chimney-shimmying” method of writing (chronicled in yesterday’s blog), surprising tidbits of my character’s personalities and physical traits have been coming to light.

For instance…

Did you know that Yates (second oldest of the Six Brothers) is very tall? I didn’t. Not until my “close eyes and grab” stratagem of attacking the Colonial dictionary spit out “Long Shanks” as a long-legged person…

Which resulted in a whole little teasing dialogue between Yates and his significant other, Titilayo…

Which resulted in me learning that Titilayo is the kind of woman not afraid to take her love interest on in a verbal sparring match, despite their woefully unequal histories…

Which resulted in me falling kind of love with the freed slave, Titilayo, and upping my excitement about working with the remarkably strong woman in the coming months…

Which results in me coming across as a completely loony author with an active imagination bordering on the absurd.

Oh well, as they say, the truth will out.

*winks*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment