Monday, August 25, 2014

Where Are the Toe-Tags?


With broom and dustpan firmly in hand, it’s time to clean up from the mess that was this weekend.

Now, normal folk (yes, I do believe there are a few out there) would take the above sentence to mean that smashed beer bottles, empty pizza boxes and the occasional broken chair were on the sweeping agenda. Not to mention dealing with that mysterious stain on the carpet you REALLY don’t want to know the details of…

Yes, well, not quite what I’m talking about.

(Everybody who didn’t see that coming please raise your hand. *lol*)

Anyhow, this particular mess of mine is more authorly-related.

Again, a surprise, I know.

I’ll try to make this as short and as painless as possible.

The blog I wrote yesterday was crap. It took half an eon to write and came out choppy and rather pointless. I was not happy with the picture I found to accompany the post either, which put a nice rotten cherry on top of the whole experience. (Again, I apologize for the whole debacle that was yesterday.)

Secondly, the writing I have gotten done on Book Three of “The Lion and the Steed” series this weekend (which is quite a lot, surprisingly)is all lying in an ungainly heap on the floor.

Stray sentences and half-finished scenes are all tangled up together with no identifying marks to tell me where the heck in the story they were written to go.

Now, standing above the tangle of naked men, wry one-liners and Yorkshire pudding (don’t ask), I’m kicking myself for not at least putting toe-tags on the darn things.

Finally, I’ve got enough leftover jitters from Friday’s release of Pound to turn my stomach. Confidence is great and all but it does buffalo dung for the internal tract. Just saying.

So, there you have it.

My weekend mess I’ll be busy cleaning up today.

*sighs*

I wonder if the neighbors have a power washer I can borrow? I really don’t like the look of that stain.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment