Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Gnawing Knowing

Not so fast, my friend.
*gnaws worrisomely on lower lip*

Writing Book Three, I find myself almost having… fun.

*the crowd gasps… or at least the lady in seat C23 does*

I so often put myself under so pressure of getting a book done or getting a book perfect that the actual writing of said-book turns into a nerve-wracking experience.

Well, my nerves are wracked enough already. I really don’t need that extra assistance, thank you very much.

With Book Three (of “The Lion and the Steed” series) not due for another sixty-odd days, I’ve been able to dive into writing it with leisure.

I don’t do leisure.

Or at least, I didn’t.

*shakes head at the mystery of it all*

For the last week, I’ve been churning out over 700 words a day on the novel when I’m only scheduled for 500. (SIDE NOTE: Daily word quotas can quell the flow of creative juices like nothing else. Personally, I consider them a necessary evil.)

So, it’s weird.

It’s kind of freaking me out a little.

Imagine hitting all the green lights on your way home. You should be happily planning that extra ten minutes of bubble bath time. But instead all that’s going on in your head is the paranoid knowledge that your tire is just about to go flat… in rush hour… in a freaking dead zone… with your AAA card sitting in the closet in the purse you used last week.

Bubble bath time suddenly turns into a 2 minute shower at 3 am after you finally manage get your butt home.

*teary-eyed, the lady in seat C23 offers her AAA card with an, “It’ll be alright, honey.”*

*blogger looks decidedly uncomfortable but eventually shrugs and just goes with it…*

Yes, well, at least somebody sees my problem.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment