Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Powdery Blue Cuffs

“Dinner quickly concluded then.

The walk back to their rooms was made at a remarkable pace for two men holding hands.

Upon the closing and locking of their front door, sex, of course, was had.

Most enthusiastically.

Several times.”  (page 55, Pound by Chloe Stowe)

 ---

*steps up to the microphone with a dented frying pan in hand*

Caught Frank lurking in the hallway this morning.

Only I would have a specter of imminent failure with a head harder than cast-iron.

After a bit of a struggle which included several well-placed knees to the troublemaker’s groin, I managed to toss the blubbery cretin out the door onto his considerable ass.

*sighs while looking down at the ruined pan*

I have no doubt that the ghoulish insecurity will be back. With Pound’s release only 3 days away, I expect Frank to be showing up in the most unusual places from here on out.

*a little, old lady in the second row raises her quaking hand and asks, “Pardon me, miss. But what about your “confidence-thing”? It was such a lovely thought, dear.”*

No need to worry, friends.

The “I’m confident. Hear me roar!” attitude I extolled in this blog only a few days ago is still very much there. It’s just a little ill-fitting this morning, a problem I fear will continue…

There will be struggles with its collar (which is entirely too tight around my neck).

The sleeves will no doubt feel too short. (I’m forever tugging impatiently at the powdery blue cuffs.)

The legs are too long. (The dog is constantly snickering as I trip here and there.)

And the color is all wrong. (Three days before a release really should be draped in mauve or something equally austere.)

But…

*the drum rolls*

As you are my witness, I will continue to wear the “confidence-thing!”

*the crowd roars*

*while the blogger mumbles, looking down at her hand…”

But the frying pan stays.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment