Monday, August 11, 2014

A Wary Eye

With hastened breath and a wary eye to the east, this Monday morning I hunker in wait.

Two lumbering beasts approach the horizon. Their footsteps quake the ground under my feet, sending a sharp shiver up my spine.

Bravely, I stand my ground.

The pearls of sweat beading up on my brow are of no consequence, the quickened thunder to my heart no matter. 

Quiet!

I hear their breaths.

The monsters near.

Pulling my dog close, I tremble and hide my face in her fur. Shuttering my eyes tight, I pray…

*a long, dramatic pause follows*

*the dog squirms*

*the janitor sweeping up the blog auditorium shouts impatiently, “Geez, lady! Get on with it!”*

*the blogger pouts but folds to her adoring public’s demands…*

Fine.

The deal is this: My 16th novel, Pound, could/should/might be released this week, and I could/should/might hear from my literary agent’s opinion on my “Six Brothers” project.  

I’m waiting/dreading/trying-not-to-think-about both.

Yep, put that way it’s pretty boring and trivial, ain’t it?

*the janitor sighs, “It sure the heck is, lady. Get a life, will ya?”*

*said-lady huffs petulantly and responds -*

Well, pardon me for adding a bit of threatening whimsy to our Monday morning. It won’t happen again…

*said-lady smirks*

At least until next week.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment