Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Confidence-Thing

“No, you’re not.” Brevyn batted the hand away. The crinkle of his brow had been replaced with a tiny, peeved fold of “Bloody no” above his nose. (page 35, Pound by Chloe Stowe)

 

With Pound’s release only five days away, I suppose I really should be pounding the pavement trying to get the word out. (Sorry. The pun was irresistible and I folded like a louver door.)

Well, I’m not.  Pounding, that is.

In case you’ve missed it, I haven’t even waylaid you with the classic “Cover Release Party” or “The Blurb Preview Gala.”

You’re welcome, by the way.

While I could claim I was just being lazy or lackadaisical with my blessings (after all, I’m always looking for some more guilt to take on)…

Or I could tag Pride as the culprit (the fact that I misplaced my Pride back in ’93 would have to be ignored, however)…

The truth is even more damning, some would say.

I, Chloe Stowe, am taking the whole confidence-thing for a spin.

*the dog rolls over and giggles like a loon*

I’m serious.

While I admit confidence is a whole new look for me, I’m fully prepared to strut it down the runway this time.

So, let those cameras flash!

Bring on the snob-nosed critics!

Let the dogs roll!

And Frank (my specter of imminent failure) will have to find himself another sucker to fatten him up with crumpets!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I’m rocking the confident look this week…

From time to time, we may all need to look away.

*lol*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment