Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Promise & the Blanket Apology

Balloons are allowed.
I’ve got some great news to share this morning.

I was notified yesterday that my 16th novel, Pound, will be released on Friday, August 22!

*spins dog around and peppers her top knot with kisses*

Admittedly, I doubt this news will garner a similar reaction from you good folk, but I do hope it will be noted and shared appropriately (for example: flyers on car windows, notes on bathroom walls and anonymous robo-calls to everyone on your street are all acceptable, but I’d shy away from tagging city buses).

However, no worries should be had over this blog suddenly becoming just a promotional platform for Pound.

Nope.

I’m restraining my eagerness for grabbing writing immortality, letting all the literary glories (said with a straight face, darn it) of Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” Series to stand for itself.

Starting tomorrow, a single quote from Pound will appear at the top of this daily blog. Other than that I will leave all salesmanship to the professionals.

However, my obsessive, often humorous, often pitiful worry about the success of said-novel will remain fair game. This is after all, a full disclosure blog on my writing process. And for me, that writing process includes a whole lot of Frank (my specter of imminent failure) and other unnamed but equally frightening self-doubts.

So, please view today’s post as both a promise and a blanket apology for the rapidly approaching madness.

Have a great Tuesday, my friends... and don’t forget to spell my name right on those yard signs.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment