Monday, August 4, 2014

Gnome, Be Gone!

It’s probably a bad sign when you wake up and find a garden gnome staring at you.

*pauses, reconsiders wording choices and muses…*

Perhaps “staring” is the wrong term?

Hmm…

*flips through the thesaurus every writer’s got in their head*

*smirks when success is found on page 41*

I think “gawking accusingly” would work.

Yep, spot on.

Ok, so I’ve got a garden gnome gawking accusingly at me when I first open my eyes to this Monday. Bad enough, right?

Wrong.

I’m an overachiever.  So, my garden gnome is not a cute little guy wearing a funny hat and a warm if mythical smile.

Nope.

My gawking gnome is garish.

And creepy.

And sweaty.

*shivers at the memory of the beast*

Well, perhaps “memory” is the wrong word?

It is, after all, staring at me right now. Having followed me down from my bedroom, having ignored the snapping and spitting 15 pound ruffian I call my dog, the gnome has settled itself smack-dab in the center of my mantle.

At least the darn thing hasn’t demanded its crumpets yet…

Oh, yeah.  You’ve got it.

The freaking little gnome is Frank.

Apparently my “specter of imminent failure” has tired of its lardy existence on my couch. Cheap resin and shock value is the name of the game now.

I’m trying to take this as a positive sign.

“Trying” definitely being the correct word here.

At least his loud-mouthed parrot Lola is nowhere to be found… yet.

Bottom line: failure is a many splendored cretin whom I loathe.

Have a great, gnome-free day!

Until tomorrow…

Chloe, her dog and her garish, resin-ass failure

No comments:

Post a Comment