Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Summer Fallen

September is great and all, but…

*shakes head, not going there*

I mean, the month definitely has its perks.

The return of football.

The final weeks of the playoff push in baseball.

The arrival of the new seasons of primetime lineups.

Halloween being only a month away.

Christmas being only 3 months away.

Summer being only 6 or 7 or 8 loooong months away…

*slaps hand across mouth, before finally giving up*

Ok. I admit it. September can be kind of a bummer when you’re a summer/garden/9pm sunset kind of a gal like me.

I mean, I had to pull up my tomatoes and tomatillos just the other day. How utterly cruel is that?

The milkweed pods have burst into their fuzzies.

The cucumber vines are toast.

The pentas and snapdragons are having their last hoorahs.

The zinnias and marigolds are drooping and fading away.

Daylight no longer lingers, softening the blow of the falling night.

*sighs pitifully at the bags of dirt that won’t be needed until next spring*

Sure, September is great and all, but…

Yeah, but.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment