Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Stuck in Gear

This is how my mind works.

Feel free to look away.

In an unusual move on my part, I’ve got an appointment at 9am today. (Car needs some dealership love.)

Why is this unusual, the enquiring mind may ask?

Whenever humanly possible, I do not do early morning appointments.

Why?

I don’t sleep the night before. I obsess and worry and obsess some more over it all freaking night, not allowing a wink of restful sleep to be had.

Yeah, I know. I’m a pitiful human being who needs a little dealership love herself. *smirks*

Anyhow, last night I actually slept well. Didn’t think about the appointment at all. Even managed to have a nice dream tucked in between the “I’m a horrible person and this is why” nightmares.

Bravo me, right?

Well, all that success proceeded to go straight down the drain when I woke up and began obsessing, obsessing, OBSESSING about this blog. It went something like this…

“What am I going to write about?”

“Can I get it written before I leave?”

“I need to get it written before I leave.”

“But can I get it posted before I leave?”

“I really, really need to get it posted before I leave.”

“But I can’t think of anything to write about.”

“What am I going to write about?!”

“Since I don’t know what I’m going to write about, there’s no way I can get it written before I leave.”

“I need to get it written before I leave!”

“What the freaking f**k am I going to write about??????!!!!”

Etc.

Etc.

We’ll end this little exercise right here. I believe I’ve embarrassed myself enough for this morning.

Good day.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment