Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Knot Confession


Shortcomings stink.

In my efforts to finagle the climax of Book Three back to at least the final third of the novel (SIDE NOTE: see storyline arc issues in yesterday’s blog for all the gory details), I’ve run face-first  into a literary shortcoming of mine.

*the blogging crowd gasps*

Yes, even I, the crazy and masterful Chloe, have shortcomings.

A few.

Tee-tiny ones of the “blink and you’d miss them” kind.

*four-legged, faithful companion rolls over on her back and giggles hardily*

Fine.

I’m a big old knot of shortcomings. Where one ends, another begins. One fault rolls right into another with nary a break of brilliance in between…

Ok.

That might be kind of extreme, but sometimes it sure feels like the case. And when out of nowhere you break your nose on a shortcoming, the knot theory rises from the ashes and roars. (Yeah, yeah, mixed metaphors, I know. Apologies.)

Anyhow, yesterday, my inexperience with writing hard-core, strictly non-sexual action scenes (i.e. fist-fights, car chases, etc.) jumped out of the shadows and kicked me in the shins.

Ouch.

I hate writing-ouches. They bruise spectacularly and swell up like really bitchy blisters.

*sighs*

Oh well.  

The reaction is probably just another shortcoming of mine.

Darn, stinking knot.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment