Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Frayed Pencil

*grunts as another heavy box is dropped to the closet floor and shoved to the back*

*moves out of the way as another mouthful of papers, complete with slobber, is delivered, complete with disdain, to the closeted stack*

Yep, Pound is done and is currently being relegated to the “Sold and Completed and Get the F**k Out of My Head” corner of my life.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a good book. It worked out really well although completely different than planned.

*sighs*

I really wish if characters are so determined to mix things up so late in the writing game that they’d send a note or something.

Just a little heads-up saying “Hey lady, we’re thinking about doing things a little different up in here. Hold on to your hat and your dog, it’s going to be one heck of a bumpy ride!” would be nice. Considerate, even.  

Oh, well.

My dog and my hat made it just fine, although both are little frayed around the edges at the moment.

I’ve still got the sell copy to write today but I hardly need a truckload of notes for that. So, it’s off to the closet with Pound!

*ducks as the dog chunks a wet and toothy notebook in my and the backroom’s direction*

I think I’m not the only one in this house ready to put Brevyn and Sam away for a bit. (Book Three of “The Lion and the Steed” series can wait a couple of weeks before getting revved up into actual words.)

Right now, I’m struggling just putting this blog together.

I think I sprained my brain.

Can’t wait to see what kind of sell copy I come up with for Pound in this condition… Perhaps a simple “Please read me” would suffice?

Uh-oh.

My dog is eyeing the stack of pencils on my desk.

Apparently they have the Pound smell about them.

 I’d really rather not suffer any impalement issues this morning, so I better go before she figures out what nifty projectiles they make.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment