Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Discombobulated Heart

It is when the absence of panic causes panic that you know you’re really screwed.

Just saying.

Pound is due in 9 days, 6k words to write and there really, really should be some panic going on.

But there’s not.

Or at least there wasn’t.

Aficionados of true panic disorder never let a panic-producing situation go by without the panic. And so is the case here, with me and Pound.

Because I’m not worried about finishing the book, I’m worried. (“Worried” equals “PANIC” here because I think we’re all tired of me repeating the word “panic” every other half-breath.)

So, the “worry” has begun to hit this morning and has left me flighty-brained (as is evidenced by this really lousy, discombobulated post… sorry about that, by the way).

Hopefully, this is only a momentary “YIKES!!-with-heart-palpitations.”

Hopefully, brain activity will return to more normal levels by posting time tomorrow.

Hopefully.

Now, where’s my Prozac?

*chuckles*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment