Thursday, June 12, 2014

When the World Comes Down to Cricket Nibble

Admittedly, this is a grasshopper.
Should anyone be looking for me this morning, please direct your attention to the “Bad, bad author!” corner. That will be me with her back turned to the group, a guilty slouch to her shoulders and telltale mulch on her shoes.

Anybody care to guess what Chloe did wrong?

*hands shoot up across the world*

*a very serious faced guy in the front row hisses, “Traitor!”*

*an equally mulched and mussed lady in the back yells “You go, girl!”*

Yes, Chloe Stowe gardened yesterday instead of writing.

I didn’t write a single, gosh-darn word.

Apparently the world didn’t end as a result since I am sitting here in the Failure Corner this morning feeling sharply guilty (but just as sharply proud of my rebel self *lol*).

Oh, I’m sure I will pay heavily for yesterday’s frolicking in the Pentas, Winter Squash and Ixora. In the next few weeks as Book Two’s deadline roars into my face, I will no doubt be fussing and fuming over my irresponsible author behavior. Jiminy Cricket will be chiding heavily from my shoulder about “Responsibility” and “Putting my nose to the grindstone”…

I will of course then remind him that he is a freaking cricket, and that he should be appreciative that somebody is assuring his kind has green, pretty stuff from which to chirp from.

A stalemate will then hopefully be reached, and I won’t have to threaten to have my dog rip the whiny little bug’s body into cricket nibble.

Until then, however, I will be sitting in the “Bad, bad author!” corner wearing a smirk on my face and a Penta blossom in my hair.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment