Wednesday, June 4, 2014

When the Pouting Heavens Recede

With one of my favorite movie accompaniments on the screen (The Crucible” with the incomparable Daniel Day-Lewis), I come to you this morning under a BLUE Florida sky!

The grays and the washed out whites of cloudy heavens have been hanging low over Tallahassee since Sunday. A soft sapphire sky will be celebrated heartily and giddily by my dog and I. (My four-legged 15 pounds of fur, teeth and brain is a sucker for a sun bath. *chuckles lovingly*)

With another 1k down on Writhe’s sequel yesterday (a hard fought for thousand, let me assure you), I am hoping Book Two will start to come easier with the weather doing more than pouting overhead.

It’s time also to get back to work on The Six Brothers project.

I’d like to get a preliminary outline done on the Revolutionary War-era mainstream romance by the end of the weekend. Hopefully, a fully fleshed out outline will follow a week after that. *fingers fervently crossed*

I still haven’t decided how heavy to go on the romance element of the story. I don’t want the strong storyline of the brothers to get choked out by a too heavy love story. I’m hoping to hear back from my agent Tish Beaty soon and get her opinion on what the publishing houses are keen for right now. (The balancing act between writing for the story and writing for the market is a tough one, as you all well know. *sighs*)

Alright, enough planning. It’s time to dive into the day and actually get to work.

Have a fantastic Wednesday, my friends!

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment