Sunday, June 8, 2014

Outflanking Yourself

It’s a cruel, cruel world when body parts begin to rally against you.

Chief betrayer: Left sinus cavity.

Gleeful accomplices: Left ear, cheekbone, upper teeth and nose.

The enemies’ battle plan: A sporadic attack which leaves the opponent pained, winded and pissed.

My battle plan: Throw low grade pain killers at it. (Heaving little specks of Ibuprofen at such a well-oiled war machine, however, has only left me feeling foolish, bitter and did I mention really, really pissed?)

With my “Chloe, you are clinically crazy” drugs pumping through my system and keeping the Panic horde from crashing the gates, I can’t take anything stronger than Ibuprofen. No sinus medicine for this girl, either.

*growls in utter frustration*

It may seem like all I’m doing this morning is complaining… Well, guess what, folks? That is all I’m doing.

I finally get a good head of steam going on Writhe’s sequel and this crap pulls out in front of me and hits the brakes.

I’m trying very hard to look at the bright side of this little hiccup… but hiccups by their very nature aren’t known for their silver linings, guys!

Ok.

Alright.

Cooling down, now.

Apologies for the little outburst, but when you’re getting outflanked by your own freaking cheekbone it leaves a girl feeling a bit peckish.

Wish me well in the battles, everyone.

Until tomorrow…

A war-weary Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment