Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Back Under the Hose

Glancing down at the list of things I need to get done today, I’ve come to the command decision to march back to bed and hide under the covers until it all goes away.

Rather adult of me, don’t you think?

Yesterday, as you could no doubt tell from my blog, was a rather ugly experience.

Self-pity is a beastly thing and one that I abhor. I am blessed in so many ways, it is truly laughable for me to complain.

But…

(And isn’t there always a “but” when Chloe is around?)

Despite all this high and mighty talk, I still tend to face-plant into the “poor, poor me” muck and mire much more often than I’d like.

Yesterday was one of those belly-flop in the crap moments.

I apologize. I assure you that I have run the garden hose over myself repeatedly and am now free of the bulls**t stink.

Mostly.

I hope.

My dog’s still looking at me funny so more hosing off might be in order. (Yeah, well, I’ll schedule that sometime in between writing 1k words on a book due in under 3 weeks, filling out 8 sheets of medical forms, dropping said-medical forms off at a new doctor’s office which I haven’t got a clue as to where its located, and then going to the grocery store and trying not to let the stockers spook me into a piteous yelp (by that point the Prozac will have run down to fumes, and when the Prozac runs down public embarrassment ensues.)

Oh yeah, back under the covers for me and my lingering stink.

*chuckles gamely*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment