Sunday, June 29, 2014

Roadblocks and Disapproval

You know that look of disapproval.
Hit a bit of a roadblock yesterday, as the synopsis-writing for my Revolutionary Way-era mainstream romance (dubbed in my head and in this blog alone as The Six Brothers project), came to a screeching halt.

*fifteen pounds of dog/muse levels her “Must you always exaggerate things?”-look at me*

*blogger sighs*

Alright, when I say “screeching” maybe I’m really meaning: the synopsis came to a stumbling pause.

 *sighs again*

Jeez, sacrificing drama for truth really takes the zing out of things, doesn’t it?

Oh well, I’m sure you get the idea.

The whole “Who is the main character?” question I bemoaned to you yesterday continues to trip me up.

I’ve just about come to the decision that all six brothers have to be considered the protagonists... or at least three of them.

*GRRRRS!*

This is soooo frustrating and I’m tempted to just forgo the synopsis altogether and send my literary agent the chapter outline instead. Since I’m only seeking her opinion as to whether I’m heading in the best direction with the story, the outline should suffice.

But…

I hate quitting.

But…

Time management is important here and spending hours and hours on something not necessary at this point seems silly, not to mention stupid.

I think I’m going to give it one more go after I get my work for Ravenous Romance done for the day. If inspiration doesn’t suddenly strike me like a thunderbolt from the heavens during the first hour of trying, I’m calling the whole synopsis off.

*GRRRRS!*

Did I mention that I HATE quitting?

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment