Monday, June 2, 2014

When a Mind Fries -or- The Gratuitous Lighting of Omaha

Something crawled into my brain yesterday, turned on every single freaking light in my consciousness and then jacked up the electricity to “Hello. I’m powering Omaha” levels.

Not kidding.

My power grid is still sore.

Needless to say, the writing I did get done yesterday was a frantic mess of disjointed sentences which will most likely never see the sun. Not that what I wrote was necessarily “bad,” it just felt void of honest inspiration. (The electricity normally earmarked for inspiration was instead busy running the slurpee machines in some of Omaha’s finest 7-Elevens.)

The only thing I did accomplish yesterday (besides driving myself to the county line of Loony) was checking the success of Writhe and “Ravenscar” on the market.

Yep, I did that darn well.

Obsessively well.

Again, no kidding.

I’d sit at the computer for hours and check Ravenous Romance, Dreamspinner Press, Amazon, All Romance Ebooks, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble constantly, non-stop. We’re talking mad, hyper woman at the keys. I’m sure I averaged checking each site fifty times an hour. All freaking day. And I couldn’t stop. Knew I should, but couldn’t…

*sighs shakily*

There are reasons I’m tagged “Mentally Ill.”

Yesterday was a fine example of one of them.

Well, if I haven’t scared too many of you good people away I must tell you that I really missed not writing an evening blog last night. (This change in my ever precious schedule probably did not help with the Omaha issue either.) But I know it’s the sensible thing to do and I will stick to my decision… a little bit of phantom blog pain can be expected though, right? *lol*

Thankfully, I am better this morning. It looks like Nebraska’s largest city will have to power itself today.

Below, I have included a few links to “Ravenscar,” just on the off-chance that somebody out in the huge world hadn’t yet noticed that a second Chloe Stowe release in a week’s time was now out there. (I pride myself on my selfless helpfulness in such situations. *chuckles*)

Ok, I’m out of here.

Survive your Monday everyone, and I’ll try my darnedest to survive mine.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

 


“Ravenscar” at All Romance Ebooks (which includes a nice excerpt): https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-ravenscar-1527648-149.html

No comments:

Post a Comment