Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sideshow Groans

*in classic sideshow barker’s garb, climbs atop her couch and bellows…”*

Today, one and all, I present you with a smorgasbord of writing tidbits, a colorful cornucopia of authorly goings-on!

Expect no sane order here. These tasty, intellectual (*coughs into hand*) treats offer variety not staid cohesion.

Step inside and be amazed by a randomness that will make even the greatest brains scatter and run for the hills.

Come now and be astounded!

*breathlessly waits for the storm of eager onlookers to storm into the tent*

*and waits*

*and waits*

*boots loyal but unwilling dog inside and begins…*

-I am proud to announce that I have officially completed the first half of the “Six Brothers” outline! Ten chapters plus a prologue have been set down on paper with coherency and flair (I hope). Laying out something so big (100k words) is rather daunting… but a good daunting, like staring down a humongous ice cream sundae you’ve got fifteen minutes to eat.

-Writhe’s sequel is going surprisingly well at the moment. The 615 daily word quota has stymied me only once so far, but like a real trooper I battled through and got the job done. I’m really liking this story again, and I’m finding stepping back into Sam and Brevyn’s shoes a welcoming respite from all the unknown scurrying around in my writing life right now.

-Moving The Sun and the Sand Cat (3/4 finished mainstream contemporary romance) over to Scrivener is finally picking up speed. The software is going to be a tremendous help in finishing this jewel up… And my agent, no doubt, will be thrilled to hear it.

*looks down at the dog who looks utterly miserable inside this stupid tent and sighs*

I don’t care what the 15-pounder on the floor thinks, this sideshow wasn’t too bad.

It was short, to the point (more or less if you negate all the sideshow crap), informative (if not particularly entertaining) and best of all free…

Yeah, ok, it was bad.

Apologies.

Hmm, I wonder what a sideshow barker outfit and a tent will bag me on Ebay?

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment