Saturday, February 15, 2014

Texas Gives Great Tongue

Texas?
A funny thing happened on my way to Sicily today…

Diligent little writer me was all settled down with pen and paper ready to work on my short story for Carina Press (you know, that Harlequin digital imprint I’ve been so jazzed about?), when, out of nowhere, the state of Texas snuggled down beside me and started whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

Yeah. Texas.

I know Texas, been there a lot of times. I like Texas. Rumor has it I was almost born in Texas when my Dad got a job offer in Dallas a couple of months before I was born. So, me and Texas? We may not be best buds, but we’ve got connections.

But, Texas?

What the hell was Texas doing trying talk its way into my pants when I’ve got a hot thing going with Sicily?

So, I slapped Texas, right across it’s San Antonio nose…

Texas kinda liked it.

And I kinda liked that.

And the next thing you know, I’ve got a mouthful of Dallas and lapful of Lubbock.

So, that funny thing that happened to me on the way to Sicily today? That would be Texas.

Now, my “Sicily” short story for Carina Press will have a definite Texan twang to it, as Briggs Skylar (one of my two main guys) has just been given Texas roots. Big ones, apparently (after all, it is Texas).

Before a certain big state got handsy today, Briggs was probably going to be a middle American guy. Illinois, maybe Missouri. His family life was going to be nebulous, left up to the reader to imagine whatever they wanted for the man. Damiano Brasile (my Sicilian) was going to have the familial supporting characters, since the story does, in fact, take place in Sicily.

Well, move over Mrs. Brasile! Mrs. Skylar will be making her presence known too in this Chloe Stowe tale. Who knew? Certainly not, Chloe Stowe.

So, as you can tell, considerable work has been done on “Sicily” today. And as soon as I get my hands out of Texas’ jeans, I plan on giving myself a big round of applause for that.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe, the lover

No comments:

Post a Comment