Thursday, February 20, 2014

Beware the Bunny Ears

Dreamspinner contract signed, sealed and delivered! Not bad for eight in the morning, huh?

I woke up this morning, stumbled to the computer and found to my absolute glee a link to sign my contract for “Ravenscar”!

Particulars, as promised… An eleven page contract which gives Dreamspinner rights to publish “Ravenscar” in digital form for 3 years. I will get $55 up front ($5 more than any other short story I’ve sold and $53 more than the last short story I had published)… AND 50% of net profits on all sales!! Huge jump from the 30% I’ve been used to.

I am ecstatic!

I’m slowly but surely working my way up. *cue “The Jeffersons” tv-show music here*

Other than my pay increase, the other stuff was all the standard fare. Very professionally done and speedy. I like speedy.

I’ll keep you updated as events warrant. *cue the “We now return you to regular programming” soundbite*

Women’s Olympic hockey is on. Does anyone else think this is as excruciatingly boring as I do? By all means, let women play Olympic hockey… just don’t make me have to watch. (Yes, I’m quite aware I can change the channel, but it’s Olympic time and I want to watch the Olympics *stomps her feet like a three-year old* and this is the only game on. I know there are other sports going on right now. Where are they? Please, oh please where are they?)

Kiev is burning. The third novel that Ravenous Romance published of mine (Barbarian) I set in The Ukraine. It’s a great country that has been given a raw deal so many times no wonder the people are fed up. I pray for peace but I understand the violence.

I have a headache. I’ve had it since yesterday. It’s pretty bad so excuse my less than flowing commentary this morning. I’ll try to do better tonight when I’ll do more than hippity-hop randomly over topics.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment