Sunday, October 25, 2015

Misconceptions

Buzzing around like flies on a ripe goat, misconceptions about writers are hard to swat down.

For example…

1.) All writers want to pen the “Great American Novel”Personally, I’d spin you a fine yarn in Finnish for you if the pay was right. Besides, Faulkner, Hemingway and Fitzgerald pretty much have the greatness covered.

2.) All writers are either tortured souls or Jessica Fletcher’s (a la “Murder She Wrote”)Nope. Not even close. Of course I can only speak for myself but while my crazy issues are indeed life-altering (and not in the good way) by no stretch of imagination do they near waterboarding. As for Ms. Fletcher, the first person who calls me that to my face is getting a small punch in the nose.

3.) All writers are eccentricJust as eccentric as the next guy. Nothing too terribly special. Just a bloke doing a job.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, I’ll leave you to your Sundays.

Until tomorrow…


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment