Friday, October 2, 2015

Despite and Even Though


So, it’s been approximately 10 days since I received my unexpected and rather spectacular news (i.e. an important person from a major publishing house reading my work! *squeaks and giggles and bounces just a bit*).

And while I’m still buzzing over the opportunity and what good things it could mean for my career, a downside has arrived. So instead of stoically ignoring it and glossing over it completely, I have decided to share it.

Ready?

Here it goes.

Even though it’s been only 10 days, even though I am well aware that the cogs in the publishing industry churn very slowly with an author not yet their own, even though a thousand things, I am still mortally disappointed every time I check my work email and find it empty.

Isn’t that silly?

Stupid?

Sad to the point of piteous?

It wouldn’t be so bad if my OCD-tendencies hadn’t kicked in and pushed me to checking the darn thing every ten minutes I’m online.

It wouldn’t be so bad if I had more faith in myself and in my writing skill.

It wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t a silly, silly human being who still wholeheartedly believes in the occasional fairy tale coming true.

*sighs*

Ok, silly, silly confession over. Time to get back to work.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment