Friday, October 16, 2015

Absence

“A lady in waiting” is what I like to call her… that is, when I’m feeling particularly Tudor.

Or I liken her to a fruit ripening to plump perfection on the vine… that is, when I’m feeling particularly hungry.

Of course, I could just acknowledge her seeming abandonment. Mourn the passing of days without her sharp tongue or her fiery faith… but that would be dreadfully depressing and more than a bit morose. Who needs that, right?

So, as Titilayo, my heroine of The Hushing Days, sits idly awaiting her author’s return next week, I am desperately trying to think positive on the situation… you know, “absence makes the heart grow fonder” and all that kind of crap.

*sighs*

Not writing is often harder than writing. How twisted, my friends, is that?

Until tomorrow…


Chloe the Ungrateful Impatient

No comments:

Post a Comment