Monday, August 31, 2015

Operatic Tail-Wagging

With the tail end of August suddenly stuck up in the air and wiggling itself at me, I suppose it’s time to throw together the monthly list of what-nots and what-is-its.

Enjoy or simply muddle through, whichever keeps your tail wagging.

1.) Chapters 2, 3, 4 and 5 of The Hushing Days are safely ensconced in Final Edits. Chapter 6 is currently on the first editing block. Then I’ll only 15 more chapters to go… Thinking positive at this point is hard, my friends.

2.) Jake Arrieta of my Cubs threw a no-hitter in L.A. last night! After 33 years of following the Cubbies, it is the first no-hitter I’ve had the pleasure of watching. Zambrano’s effort years ago (2008, maybe?) was cruelly pitched while I was out of town and without cable… Maybe by the time they throw the next no-hitter, The Hushing Days will be done? Again, thinking positive at this point is hard.

3.) I’d like to play the role of Despina in Mozart’s opera Cosi fan tutte. Talk about a fun ride! Of course, this would mean I’d have to suddenly develop operatic singing and acting skill…. Need I repeat? Thinking positive at this point is hard.

4.) As this list has degraded into something rather sad, discouraging and definitely not tail-wagging-worthy. I will end this debacle here… This, my friends, is a positive thing.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment