Sunday, August 23, 2015

"As Is" Love


Well, there’s no danger of anorexia here. The Hushing Days is quite full of itself and plans to keep it that way.

And while I applaud my manuscript’s cheerful acceptance of its bulk, and while I would never, ever curse it with an eating disorder that is both terrifying and oftentimes deadly, I wouldn’t mind a teensy bit of weight-management.

No, no, not a diet! Banish that dastardly word from your thoughts. I want my novel to eat as much as it wants. Digest the whole world for all I care. Go ahead: munch, crunch and brunch.

But...

When that inevitable flab is put on, my book really needs to learn how to distribute it a little more evenly.

For example: Chapter Four is lean, mean and runway material. Chapter Five is a real bruiser requiring “Wide Load” warnings. So, as Chapter Three reaches its final stage of growth, I’m beginning to fear its following in Sibling Five’s deep footsteps. It grows, and grows and grows.

*sighs*

What is a poor author to do but keep a chipper thought and love the stuffing out of all of them?

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment