Saturday, August 22, 2015

Menage a Trois, Literally


Flirting with Emily Dickinson while going hot and heavy with my own The Hushing Days should be awkward. It should be weird. Hinky, even.

Instead the innocent little dalliance is turning out to be rather marvelous.

As I’ve told you before, I am taking an online course from Harvard about the elusive 19th century poet while I’m trudging my way through the edits of my first mainstream romance novel. Surprisingly this has not shorted out my brain or even strummed one string of my not-so latent School/Panic/”Get me out of this classroom or I am going to seriously die” issues. Remarkable, that.

Equally entertaining to “literary psychiatrists” (Hmm…is there such a vocation, I wonder?) worldwide is the fact that my writing is flourishing in the shadow of this affair.

Even though I’m still struggling with speed issues (current forecast states I’ll be 94 when The Hushing Days reaches print), the work I’m doing is frankly freaking good.

Freaking really good, if I may bluster.

So, bottom line: Don’t be afraid to invite a third party into your relationship with your manuscript. It could spark something grand.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment