Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tipping

After flicking snails off the backdoor when the muse (four-legged, furry variety) had to go outside at 4:31am and nibble grass-tips, the morning has lost a bit of its “Go get ‘em!” luster.

*sighs heavily, as even 4 hours later, Bermuda grass is still being picked out of the dog’s teeth*

What this “I want to upchuck! I want to puke!” attitude from my muse says about the upcoming day of writing, I frankly shudder to contemplate. So, we’ll ignore it and carry on with this really fine, fine day.

Yesterday, to the surprise of one and all, I got a ton of good writing done. Having not really written in weeks (unplanned familial sabbatical, remember), I was shocked I could still put two words together and come up with fiction.

Monday’s word count: 1,185!

I also managed to do some maintenance work on the chloestowe.com website. In an act of supreme laziness, I have simply linked the blog on my author’s site to my Wordpress account. I should have done this months ago, but the wheels of progress churn slow in this old noggin.

So, it’s off to Day 2 of The Hushing Days “Homestretch.”

Cue the puking muse!

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment