Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sated

It was late in the day, and I was feeling like a big, authorial zero.

Although I had gotten 200 words written in prose I was reasonably happy with, the other 600 lay in front of me like fresh roadkill, i.e. best to look away before bloating and projectile vomiting occur.

So, feeling like a failure, down in the proverbial dumps, I forced myself to write at least one more strong, literarily sound sentence…

50 minutes later, my 600 words were staring smugly at me on my computer screen all fierce and cocky with their bad selves, and I was staring right back at them with a big, “Look what I just did!” grin.

Writing happens like that sometimes. A “Wham! Bam! Thank you, ma’am!” moment from the writing gods.

Treasure these quickies, my friends.

Luxuriate in the afterglow.

They are, alas, few and far between.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment