Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Kissing the Brick

I ran into a brick wall yesterday with my writing.

SPLAT!

Bloody ideas everywhere but not a word on paper.

This was the first time since I started the June push to finish The Hushing Days that I’ve failed to reach my targeted word count. I’m pretty bummed out about this actually. However, at least I know where to place blame.

For the second day in a row, I worked out at the gym. And while I’m having a ridiculously giddy time of it (the gym, after all, is nothing but a playground with equipment way cooler than the monkey bars), I’m realizing that I’m going to have to adjust my writing schedule around the daily, early afternoon forays.

I’m emotionally wiped when I get back from the gym (fending off panic at every turn takes a lot out of a girl). Thus, I am in no condition to string two words together afterward. I’m lucky I can find my way home, actually.

So, major restructuring of my work day is in order.

There are no words to describe my enthusiasm at this prospect. (Ok, maybe a few, but my mother reads this, so, no.)

Off to reshuffle now, while keeping a weather eye out for brick walls.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment