Thursday, January 22, 2015

Crying Fluke

One of those “Is the glass half full or half empty?” moments this morning.

I got 500 words of The Hushing Days written yesterday… Bravo me, right?

I was aiming for 1,000 words… Under-achieving gutter rat, right?

Yeah, either my great 1k Battle Plan outlined in yesterday’s post is foolhardy and pompous or I really am that destitute slacker my nightmares have been accusing me of for decades? Fine choices there.

Of course there is a third option. A rather namby-pamby excuse that would usually hold little water with me, but one my frayed confidence is clinging to with sweaty hands…

Maybe, just maybe, yesterday was a fluke.

An anomaly.

A departure from the norm so extreme that all its data should just be tossed.

*closes eyes, contemplates the quandary until…*

*four-legged, furry muse takes a sharp nip at my obsessing butt and tells me “Just get on with it. Geez!”*

Hmm… rather good idea, that.

Pardon me while I “get on with it.”

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment