Monday, January 5, 2015

Abandoned No More

I am trying valiantly not to shudder in the face of tomorrow’s looming monstrosity of a task… i.e. facing the Manuscript.

As some of you are aware, I have taken an unplanned but totally unavoidable month off from my Six Brothers project. Tomorrow, I will return to the novel my agent and I are hoping will be my ticket into mainstream romance.

Despite my knowledge that taking time off from working on a story is often a good thing for my creative process, I am still scared a little dumb at stepping back into the batter’s box on Tuesday. (Um, is it baseball season yet?)

Perhaps my leeriness is being fed by the fact that I’ve set an April deadline for the book. I don’t know if this was a good or bad idea. I’m so used to working under the auspices of signed contracts that freelancing a big (100k) novel is freaking daunting.

In fact, I may throw up.

Just saying.

Until tomorrow when we will face the alluring beast together…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment