Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Confidence Game

I can write.

This is no longer a question, a hope, a “teetering on the brink of despair” plea to the literary muses.

It is a statement, complete with a period and an end of paragraph swipe of the return key.

*haughty stature deflates just a bit as the truth nags and nags and…*

Alright. I admit that the period at the end of the declarative sentence is a little lax in enthusiasm.

The period may in fact be a little pale and still unsure of itself.

The pounding of the return key possibly could have been an accident (but I didn’t correct it so that’s got to count for something in the confidence game, right?... Right?)

Jeez, I’m trying here folks. Give me some credit, huh?

*sighs*

Yesterday, after days of Not Writing, Barely Writing and “Look at me, I made a sentence!” Writing, I was actually able to slap some really good stuff down on the Six Brothers project. The kind of “really good stuff” you read back over and throw a triumphant fist into the air. Yep, I’m talking that rare vintage of the “really good stuff.”

So, I thought it quite honest of me to start this post off by stating that “I can write.”

It was a little iffy there for a while, the grammatical ground a little shaky but…

That sweet (though admittedly still shy) period is back! Yippee!!

*clears throat, regains composure, chuckles at the foolishness of it all*

Just thought I’d share.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment