Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Clover Wars


This was the dark little corner in my little backyard.

As dramatized masterfully (*straight face, straight face*) in this blog a few days ago, I have finally braved the dank, studiously ignored nook and planted 4 mounds of dark, beautifully green miniature mondo grass in its weed infested confines.

I show it to you this morning to prove that I did indeed put that particularly cowardice to bed, so to speak.

I can truly do such things. Vanquishing dark corners are possible in my world.

Really.

Look at that mondo grass and you’ll see.

Unfortunately, the dark, unexplored corners in my writing are not so easy to brave.

By concentrating almost entirely on m/m romance the last 5 years, I have successfully sidestepped writing romantic female leads (an embarrassing spot in my oeuvre which only dandelion weeds and unplanned clover have ever been able to take root.)

The Six Brothers 100K mainstream project I have embarked upon is anchored almost entirely in that corner and I’m flailing a bit in its unchartedness.

But if I can do mondo grass, I can do romantic female leads.

I can.

Really.

Just look at that picture and see what I can do.

*brave face, brave face*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment