Friday, January 29, 2016

The Scrum Avoidance

I have either channeled a brilliant strategist or chickened out altogether.

The Prologue in The Hushing Days requires a fight/battle/all-out-scrum between 18th century soldiers.

Alas, I am not a writer of scrum. At least not a very good one. Practice makes perfect, I suppose, but scrums with muskets are surprisingly rare in most contemporary romance. Pity, that.

Anyhow, I’ve decided to avoid putting fight to word completely. Instead, I am having a panicked character remember the fight (and retell it to the reader) in bright, angry flashes of memory. Hence, the plot points get across without the audience getting bogged down in useless detail. (This being a prologue, one must avoid bogging at all costs.)

Strategist or chicken? You decide.

I’m leaning toward some kind of feathery spawn, myself.

Until tomorrow…


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment