Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Loose Screw

Closing my eyes, screwing my mouth shut in a look, no doubt, of utter stupidity, I reached into the bag of files known as my 18th novel and fished out a chapter…

And that is how Chapter Fourteen, the single standalone chapter of The Hushing Days arrived on my lap yesterday.

I smiled at my good fortune.

Having only poked at the final edits of the manuscript since August (family comes first as it always shall and always should), I was a little leery of where to restart my efforts.

After having worked a year on my first mainstream romance attempt, I didn’t want to screw it up with an over-eager hand. Mess with one string of subplot over here and a whole other plot might come tumbling down over there. Tricky, tricky situation… or so my anxiety-riddled gray matter had muttered to me for days on end.

Anyhow, it all worked out in the end. Fourteen is a superb chapter in which to get my editing feet wet again.

Whew.

Just so you know, I’m not blind as to how ridiculous this all sounds. I simply ignore it and go on with my day. When there is a screw loose in a place you can never reach, what other choice do you have?

Until tomorrow…


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment