Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pardon Me This Lapse

A kick in the gut by a hobnailed boot.

Loneliness has that way of hitting you. It takes you down for the count.

Internal bleeding? Check.

Scars? Yep, you betcha.

What’s worse is when it catches you unawares. Give me a little time to prepare and I can handle most spiked pummels with more than my fair share of poise and decorum.

But that ever so rare sucker shot sends me reeling.

So, as I lay here flat on my back, still winded from a particularly vicious kick last night please excuse this little blip of self-pity.

It is Christmas and I am so blessed, but even the most steely of life veterans stumbles and falls from time to time.

Until tomorrow, when this steely (though still thoroughly mad) veteran will return upright and smiling…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment