Sunday, December 7, 2014

Being Open to Life's Balloons

To my honest surprise, I realized just this morning that I am rather enamored of challenges.

I thrive on them, eat them up like candy… (the fact that I almost always choke on the darn things and make a terrible mess of everyone’s life selfishly doing it, will not be discussed in today’s blog.)

Now, I realize that many, many people in this world can say they are challenge-sniffers. So it hardly makes me remarkable in any way. But that’s not the point I’m trying to make here.

*”There’s a point?” a mittened man in the fourth row shouts*

Yes, there is a point.

I think.

I hope.

Well, let’s see…

No matter your age, no matter your psychological make-up or how close you are to your friendly, neighborhood psychiatrist, there are always surprises to be had within yourself.

Sometimes they take digging, carefully vetted introspection or exploratory teams consisting of ice cream and good wine to find.

Sometimes they pop up out of nowhere while you’re tootling through the Alabama countryside on a dog-sitting mission. (Yep, that would be me this morning.)

The point I’m trying to make is this… Every soul is full of surprises. Close your eyes, count to ten and see what leaps out from behind your couch with balloons and streamers in hand. It could be just the surprise your heart needs.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

P.S…. Apologies to the mittened man. On further review, despite my best efforts, there really was no viable point to this blog. I’ll do better next time, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment