Thursday, September 17, 2015

Justification


Fright is justified sometimes.

Heck, a little reasonable terror comes along with the whole rationality-thing.

I understand this. I do. Despite my panic disorder which skews, well, everything, I can think rationally about fear. I don’t just throw a handful of Prozac at it and madly flee. I can accept its presence in a healthy life. I’m by no means chummy with it, but I can deal.

However…

Fright still sucks.

My newest novel, The Hushing Days, when it is complete will have taken one year to write.

One year.

Jeepers. That’s scary.

For the last five years, I’ve been writing and publishing an average of four to five novels a year.

This charging into the mainstream historical romance market is terrifying stuff. Deep breaths and long prayers are required, and so is apparently time.

Yep, fright. I’ve got it. And try as it might, I’m just not feeling so healthy about it.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment