Monday, September 28, 2015

A Fine Line

A fine line must be danced today. Romanced, really… (if you’ll pardon the pun).

The next, great (notice the hard-fought for confidence here) and first totally mainstream romance novel of mine is so close to being done, I could almost weep.

The 80k+ historical behemoth is written and, after months of editorial wrestling,  a quarter of its 20 chapters have made it through final edits.

However, with the prospect of a potential new project suddenly on the horizon with a major publishing house, I no longer have the time to indulge in gentle hand-to-hand combat with The Hushing Days manuscript. I need to get it done. I need to get it done now… or, as soon as “now” I can possibly get.

So, today I return to my writing cocoon with a Halloween deadline in mind. This end date will require a little manhandling, a bit of pushing and shoving of scenes into relative perfection. Of course, I could just fling all the chapters across that editing chasm and simply hope they survive in relative readability, but…

I’ve never aimed for just readability in my writing life. And while I never quite get within hands-grasp of perfection, I do insist on trying.

Hence, the fine line dancing on schedule today.

*sighs*

I just hope I’m wearing the proper dancing shoes. Keep your fingers crossed that neither my toes nor my storyline arcs get pinched.  

Until tomorrow…


Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment