Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Naked Amusement

The oddest things amuse me.

While I’m sure this doesn’t come as a surprise to my regular readers, it is a statement of fact that needs to be tossed out there every once in a while just to keep the honesty of this blog at its most naked and raw level. (Honest remark #2: That was a crap sentence. Way too much run-on; way too little comma. Just saying.)

Anyhow, back to my amusement at the odd.

Last night, while watching the All-Star Game, I spent my very valuable writing time designing scene-breaks for The Hushing Days. (You know, the squiggly little lines or row of four asterisks publishers love to use to denote change of scene? Yeah, those.)

I repeat. Yeah, those.

Fiddling with the fonts, shuffling through the symbols, delighting in the debate of BOLD versus italics… Wow! It was such geekish fun!

Seriously.

I was seriously amused with this for over an hour.

I went to bed shortly thereafter and contemplated my existence.

Alas, no answers were forthcoming.

I think I’ll leave it there.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment