Thursday, February 19, 2015

Writer's Muck

Despite a relative plethora of legitimate literary concerns I should be rattling on about, I am instead having to confess to a severe case of Writer’s Muck.

You heard me.

Writer’s Muck.

This demands some explanation I’m sure.

While the commonly damned Writer’s Block is an unwilling cessation of all fictional/nonfictional sentence production, Writer’s Muck is simply a chronic slowdown of all creative thought.

With Writer’s Block, word output is zero.

With Writer’s Muck, word output is eleven.

A small but critical difference, admittedly, but at least with the Muck there is some progress (laughable though it may be.) For instance, this past week instead of my 800 words daily average, I’ve only been able to crank out a little over 200 a day.

At least now I know what I’ll be doing in my 80’s. I just hope The Hushing Days will translate well to the 2050’s crowd.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment