Thursday, June 23, 2016

Ted

Shall I begin with a bang or a whimper?

While I’ve been yanking weeds out of unforgiving clay soil this week, this question has been buzzing around my head. It’s not a new question. Over the course of writing my dozen or so novels, this simple query has become quite familiar.

In fact, nowadays, I just call him Ted.

Ted always shows up about 10k words into a new book. It doesn’t matter if I’ve got an outline all worked out already or if I’m still free-wheeling the story, Ted shows up at this point and demands a reconsidered answer.

Three out of four times, I answer, “With a bang!” But since I like to throw my readers a curve here and there, I occasionally surprise the heck out of Ted and answer “Let’s go with a whimper.”

Ted is here.

He’s demanding an answer for my new m/m romance The Clockwise Heart.

Yeah, well, the boy’s just going to have to hold his horses. This girl’s got wild violets to yank.

Until tomorrow…


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment