Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Diamond in My Pocket

On my first night in Milan, a mere three weeks ago, I enjoyed a perfect plate of lasagna at a charming little restaurant in the Galleria.

It was opera night.

La Scala, the opera house built by Empress Maria Theresa in 1776, was within sight’s distance. I imagine the orchestra was beginning to mull around in the pit, the overture only an hour away. The opera crowd in their finest accoutrements weaved their way through the Galleria’s crowds. I silently mingled in their midst as I worked my way back to my hotel in the shadow of the Duomo…

It is these rare, glistening moments of my life that I pull out of my pocket and stare at slack-jawed and humble when flat, colorless days such as today stretch out endlessly before my tired, wobbling mind.

Bottom line: Always keep your diamond moments within easy reach. Their worth is manifold.

Until tomorrow…


Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment