Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cue the Career Dirge

Despite my inclination to hide my part in this upcoming literary fiasco, I will shoulder the responsibility.

To a point.

When one is about to nosedive a burgeoning writing career over a sheer mountain cliff, I argue some blame should be held in reserve for the wind. Or the lack thereof.

For instance, if the wind had been a gale rushing from the valley floor straight up to the sky, then said-nosedive would be for nought, right? The career would only be bantied about a bit, no harm done. So when the crash and burn does occur five hundred feet below, a little bit of blame must go to Mother Nature. Don’t you agree?

Yeah. Neither do I.

At this point, I’m just babbling, trying to delay the inevitable leap.

Tomorrow, my four-legged furry muse and I are accompanying half my family on a week-long vacation to the mountains. Therefore, this daily blog is going on hiatus until Saturday, May 9.

Cue the career dirge.

While I realize I am overestimating the importance of these daily posts in the overall health of my literary career (no eye-rolls, please; 17 published novels make a career if not an income-taxable income), I still worry that I’ll lose some footing by taking a break.

Rubbish, I know. But still…

If my career never rebounds from this week off, I reserve the right to blame the wind, the mountains and old Ma Nature.

Have a great week everyone!

Until next Saturday…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment